Since the COVID-19 pandemic hit the globe, colleges and universities put safety first and decided to change their policies and practices for the betterment of their students and faculty members. One of the first measures implemented by educational institutions is contactless technologies to aid in social distancing.
Even as people have adjusted to the new normal, campus management teams have decided to continue with these measures to keep everyone safe. Because of this, the abundance of smart pick-up lockers started as well.
Learn more about smart pick-up lockers, how they work, and their benefits for educational institutions when you keep on reading.
What Are Smart Pick-up Lockers?
Smart pick-up lockers are one of the emerging trends in recent years. They are parcel storage solutions that perfectly fit the boost in online shopping brought upon by the pandemic.
Because students cannot visit their go-to retail stores, online shopping has become the alternative way to get the things they want and need. However, the influx of deliveries in student residences and campuses can be challenging for facilities management teams. That’s where smart parcel lockers come in.
How Do Smart Pick-up Lockers Work?
Smart parcel lockers—or smart pick-up points—offer a cost-effective, convenient, and contactless solution for deliveries. When you use a smart locker, you only need to use a free smartphone app. With it, you’ll be able to receive notifications about the journey of the parcel and track it in real-time. Once you’re ready to pick up the package, it will only take you a few seconds to get it by accessing its built-in control panel.
Here’s the step-by-step process to using a smart pick-up locker:
- A student orders a parcel online.
- The courier delivers the parcel to the smart pick-up point.
- The student’s details will be found on the system. They can access it through the locker’s control panel or the online software on the app or the website.
- A smart pick-up locker will be allocated to the order, and the student will receive a notification as soon as the locker door closes.
- The notification will be triggered on the student’s phone or email address. This notification will have the information about the delivery, the access code, and the locker number.
- The student can collect the item at the correct date and time suitable for them.
- Once the locker is released back into the system, it will be reassigned to the next user.
What Are the Benefits of Smart Pick-up Lockers for Colleges and Universities?
When you use a smart parcel locker, you will be able to enjoy the following benefits:
- Security — The technology used in smart lockers will ensure the parcel will not be lost, tampered with, or stolen. With the automated logs, you can track your item every step of the way.
- Contactless Solutions — Smart pick-up lockers offer a smooth experience that won’t ask for unnecessary contact.
- Cost-effectiveness — With smart lockers, you don’t have to spend too much time in parcel management because you have a system that works.
- Convenience — With smart pick-up points, you can collect your parcel 24/7 at the most convenient time for you.
- Seamless Integration — Smart parcel lockers can be integrated with student apps or campus websites for easy access.
Smart pick-up lockers are convenient solutions for universities and school campuses of all sizes for effective parcel management. Students will appreciate the effectiveness and security of this storage solution.
If you are interested in school parcel lockers, you should check out GS Parcel. We offer sales and installation of various smart lockers in New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York City, New Jersey, Maryland, and Pennsylvania. Contact us today to learn more.